Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A new name :-)

Alright, I have decided to do a "naam-karan" (naming ceremony) for my blog. :-P This "no-name-blog" of mine shall now be called "Aparnayian Synapses".

A Synapse is "a specialized junction in the body, where transmission of information takes place between a nerve fibre and another nerve cell, or between a nerve fibre and a muscle or gland cell...Synapses serve as one-way communication devices, transmitting information in one direction only, from the fibre ending to the next cell".

If you think about it, a blog is much the same as the bodily synapses explained above - a one way communication device - where *I* transmit information/musings on to this site to a larger (mostly unknown) audience.
And as far as the "Aparnayian" part is concerned... I just wanted something unique! Hence, I decided to name my blog, "Aparnayian Synapses". I know it sounds somewhat, err... weird! :-) But thats okay! This blog should after all, be a true reflection "me"! Isnt it? :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loveee the nameee of your blog.. "Aparnaian Synapses!!! " soo uniqueeeee! :D

Aparna said...

Haha! Thanks ;) One day, I was wondering how it would be if I ever did/discovered something great, and people wanted to name that thing/phenomenon after me. It has to be something unique and my name needs to be attached with it - such as, "Keynesian Economics", "Darwinism" etc etc. So, I came up with this. "Aparnaian". As of now, I havent discovered anything/done anything great, so decided to name my blog this way :P LOL. I know I am way tooo jobless.

Veng@ said...

Aparnanian...ha ha ha..good nomenclature :D

Reg. the Cult postings:

OMG I couldnt believe :O

this is like some kind of amway network (back in India) who comes door to door through friends networks (in worst case it would be your friends and colleagues) to sell their chain of networking and sucking products !!!

I should tell you this - AMAZINg Narration...totally hilarious...ROFLMAO...LITERALLY...(I normally had kind of laughter only when I watch great malayalam comedy movies of 80s lol :D )

some strangers coming at the doorstep in Toronto at odd hours and saying - 'hi how are you..blah blah blah' :D OMG...

Good that morons didnt had some GUNS or BOMBS or something of that fuckin sort ! :O

Aparna said...

Hahaha! Thanks Venga!
You might have come across "Jehova's Witnesses" in Toronto. If not, watch out for them. They also come door to door with a booklet in their hand, talking about Christ and Christianity, and their sect etc etc.
Anyways, back to this cult - they are weird! The most amazing thing is the attitude they come with. You must have noticed how I barely knew this girl and how relentlessly she came to my house and kept on calling me. I was freaked out. Argh! I am glad they stopped coming. But, I have to say, I was worried that in spite of my warnings, they would come knocking at my door again. I was thinking I would resort to the law, in such a case. Thankfully, they have stopped coming after that. Touchwood.

Thanks for reading my blog, and for your appreciation! :)